查看: 841|回复: 0

【12-08】[分享]Lee Jung Hyun Vol. 6 - Fantastic Girl

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-12-8 22:22:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

The queen of techno is back! Since the release of her not so favorable fifth album, Lee Jung Hyun has gained fans across East Asia through concerts in China and Japan, released several Japanese albums, and even acted in a Japanese drama. Two years later, Lee makes a comeback on home turf with her long-awaited sixth album. But does she still have it? Times have changed and techno music stopped being mainstream in Korea since… well, since the day Lee stopped performing her hits.

However, she's proved herself earlier in her career to be an inventive and engaging performer, earning the reputation of a true artiste with an unrivaled style. It's hard to judge Lee as just a singer. She is an average singer, but an excellent performer. It's not her voice that captures you, but the way she commands the stage. Whether it's her raging techno dances or her powerful presentations on stage, this performer grabs your attention and makes her songs addictive. So regardless of her vocal ability, it wouldn't be right to automatically dismiss her as another average pop singer. It's when you watch Lee through her music videos and performances that you realize exactly why she's one of the biggest names in Kpop history.

Fans should be pleased to hear how her music has matured since her glory days. You won't be hearing any of the Euro-techno beats from her past albums, but Fantastic Girl offers a mix of pop, instrumental, and synthesized sounds creating heavy beats and great dance songs. The title track, 철수야 사랑해 (I Love You, Cheol Soo) (track 4), is a prime example of this and is sure to be a dance hit. If you're looking for songs that are less analogue heavy, then 나만봐 (Just Look At Me) (track 2) and 달려 (Run) (track 6) are notable for mixing it up with Hindi sounds in the former and traditional Korean instruments in the latter. Welcome To My Style (track 5) and 어떻게 (How) (track 8) offer even mellower beats and a more laid-back style. Her voice wasn't made to sing slow songs, but decent efforts anyway in 또 사랑할 수 있을까 (Will I Be Able To Love Again) (track 9) and 연가 (Love Song) (track 10) are definitely highlights of the album. One last track to be recognized is 남자는여자를귀찮게 해 (Men Annoy Women) (track 7), a little reminiscent of her past hit 줄래, a quirky song that could only be pulled off by Lee. Overall, if you were disappointed by her fifth album, Passion, give this a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表